Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Murphy's Law-Father Knows Best

My father has always been a firm believer that "if something can go wrong, it will, and at the worst possible moment." He had gotten into the habit of reminding me about crossing streets nearly everyday. I would come home and say, “Well I haven’t gotten hit yet!” which of course makes him respond by reminding me that just because it hasn’t happened yet doesn’t mean it won’t.

Finally one day, fate proved to be in favor of my dad. It has been raining all day, and I was on my way to watch a movie at Meydan with Janan. The tunnel I had to go under was filled with more than 5 inches of rain! Before I left, my dad warned me to bring either a rain jacket or an umbrella because I would be soaked by the time I got to the theater and then proceeded to tell me to watch out because rain bring out the worst in drivers. I nodded and walked out the door with no jacket and a vague realization of what he had been talking about. I begin to cross under the bridge when a car, who had been driving slow due to rain, sped up and soaked me from head to toe. This made walking in my jeans rather uncomfortable. The wind then decided to pick up and the same car drove around the rotary and proceeded to aim for me as I crossed the street almost hitting me twice! My father’s friend chose that moment to drive past and later told my father how he watched me almost get hit twice by a car. Suffice to say, later that night when I came home-still somewhat damp-my father laughed for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment